My name is Ryan. I’m a technology consultant helping business leaders grow and succeed in a fast changing world. My formal educational is in information systems and business management and I have enduring interests in economics, politics, finance and startups.
Currently I am
- Senior Manager at BDO, Sydney in the Technology Advisory team.
- Exploring and writing on digital privacy, security, blockchain/DLTs, cryptocurrencies and business intelligence.
Teaching Entrepreneurship and Managerial Finance in the MBA course at the Australian Institute of Management.
Running my own consultancy called Digital Serf focussed on
- Data analytics and BI
- Web strategy and e-commerce
- Data privacy and security
- Digital strategy and transformations
- Startup business model development
- Business process improvement and automation
- Agile working and operating models
Sectors I’ve worked in include
- Internet and Telecommunications
- Food and Retail
- Health & Medicine
- Music & Arts
- Design & Architecture
- Worked as CTO at LeapSheep, a startup that is systematizing the process of business building for early stage founders.
- Ran an architectural competition for the rejuvnentation of a heritage tower in the Adelaide Central Market.
- Sat on the board of Artsembly, an not-for-profit building innovative architecturally designed mobile event infrastructure.
- Worked at Internode and iiNet building, scaling and operating contact centres.
- Completed my MBA at the University of Adelaide.
Out of hours I
- Spend a lot time in the studio producing electronic and indie music - but less so these days.
- Engineered and produced some cool tracks for W.M.N and Donnarumma.
- Released a remix for Vernis in Berlin on Beatport.
Some fun facts :
- This site is powered by Hugo, a static site engine written in Go.
- This site is continuously deployed by Netlify from it’s Bitbucket repository.
- My code editor of choice is Sublime.
- Security is first. HTTPS Everywhere please (freely installed with Netlify sites).
Thanks for visiting!